Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Modesty... it's more than clothng.


My guest blogger today is Sarah. I met Sarah several,several years back through an old mutual friend. She was just a young girl at the time,but now she is a young woman. She is stylish,sweet,and seeks to honor God. I know you will love what she shares today.


Hey guys, my name is Sarah and I blog over at BE31. I am a wife to my best friend and first time mom to our fifteen month old son, Westyn, who definitely keeps us running! I am so honored to serve alongside my husband who has a heart after the Lord and is such an amazing father to our little boy. Underneath my calling as a wife and mother, a few of my many passions is photography, fashion and bargain shopping. I also love to sew and reconstruct thrift store finds and create one-of-a-kind pieces for pennies! My husband and I both serve in the ministry at our church, he is a musician and is apart of the worship team and I am a childrens dance leader and assist in directing choreography for the womens adult team and love it! .

The foundation of my blog is to dress fashionable while maintaining femininity and striving to emphasize modesty as apart of daily life. So that is what I am going to share my heart on today :). The fashion industry today seems as though the goal is "Less is more" but according to Yah's word we are to be Kadosh = {Holy and set apart} from the world. Leviticus 19:2 " Be ye holy for I the Lord your God am Holy". He has specific instructions that he requires of us when we accept him as our bridegroom and finding out what he desires of us as his bride is so important!  I believe that the Father wants to address our heart first since what is in your heart will be your actions by default right? I believe that.. There are so many aspects to being "modest" it is not only referring to clothing but how we think, act and speak And we must get to those areas of the heart first and from there the Father can work in us if we allow him to. I encourage you to get into His word and see what the Lord has to say about how he has instructed us to dress as His Bride...I am not saying I have arrived and have it all figured out but I can say my heart is to learn and grow into the woman I am designed to be and I still have a long way to go and by his grace I will change as he shows me..

To sum up, modesty is a way of thinking that is characterized by humility and purity, and results in appropriate actions



My style is constantly evolving but one of my favorite things right now is hats and Maxi skirts. This outfit is easy and comfortable while chasing a very busy toddler around and the hat helps when you only have a few minutes to be out the door!







Hat: Target (Hudsons) 
Skirt: Cato (old) 
Shirt: Target (Hudsons) 
Bag: thrifted 
Watch: Target (Hudsons) 



I want to thank Sarah for guest posting today. I totally agree with what she shared with us.  Don't forget to hop on over to her blog and check her out.


 Sarah from BE31 has a passion for modest fashion and being a wife and a first time mom is her ultimate priority. Sarah loves to decorate and style her family by shopping at thrift stores and finding the best bargain possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.