Share a scripture with us. Word-Filled Wednesday.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Outside my window... It's pretty windy and rainy out! We have been under tornado warnings all night!
I am thinking...about Christmas and Advent. It is my first year for Advent or the Jesse Tree. We are enjoying them both! I love this time of the year!
I am thankful for...my home. So many without a home,warm bed,and a hot bath. I am grateful for my humble home.
From the kitchen... I have not been up to cooking much,blah! The site or smell of food makes me gag! So it's been take out or fast food. I know sad!
I am wearing...some pj pants and a tank top.
I am creating... a Jesse Tree with Daniel.
I am going... to decorate the house some more later this week!
I am reading...the Voice of the Martyr's magazine
I am hoping...today is relaxing and involves no sickness
I am hearing...Daniel talking to Aaron; the wind and the rain making a ruckus outside!
Around the house...the table needs to be cleared off,the floor needs vacuuming,and clothes need to be washed.
One of my favorite things...Christmas. I was pondering whether or not to celebrate it since it's not on the original birthday of Jesus,but it is the day we celebrate with family,friends,and the body of Christ.
A few plans for the rest of the week: get groceries,finish some shopping for family,and visit with my sister and her kids.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
It's a picture of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Beauvior. While I sit in my comfy home,there are soldiers dying everyday and they may never get a proper burial.
Friday, November 26, 2010
- Drinking coffee was a favorite this week. French Vanilla Dunkin Donuts is so good! I shared a cup with my love one morning.
- Having cinnamon rolls for breakfast is a fave too! I love doing that with the boys.
- Celebrating Thanksgiving with my husband and my 2 sons. I cooked a small lunch and it was really good.
- I also went to both sets of parents for Thanksgiving with the boys. It was fun to see Daniel and Aaron playing with family. The food was yummy too!
- Football!! Today is the big game between Auburn and Alabama called the Iron Bowl. OH yeah! Go Auburn!!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
- The morning sickness has kicked in and thank goodness I have some medicine for it. Whew! If not I would be in bed all day and would not eat a thing.
- I got to see my Nurse Midwife last Friday. It went good,though not exactly the way I wanted. But I'm thankful to have someone looking out for me and the baby.
- My husband has helped me so much this week. At night when the boys go to sleep we curl up on the futon and watch t.v.
- The weather has been more than gorgeous here! Loooooving it!!!
- Sweet things. Chocolate,cakes,candy,and so much more. :)
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wow, Thanksgiving is next week! It is really crazy that it is that time again. I'm so thankful for family and friends. I'm thankful for my husband and children. I'm just thankful. I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior. Where would I be without him? I'm thankful for the internet and all these wonderful ladies I have met. I'm thankful for healing and for life. God is just so good. He is too good to me sometimes.
I haven't been around much. With 2 kids and then pregnancy sickness kicking in,it's all I can do to keep awake during the day. Hopefully, the 2nd trimester I will have more energy and more time. Don't forget to check out Laurie@Woman Taking A Stand who is our host this month. Have a blessed weekend!!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Outside my window... The rain is falling and sounds ever so sweet! It's not the thunderstorm rain,just light rain falling. I love it!
I am thinking...about my pregnancy and the end of it. I am so ready to know what we are having and to have that bundle in my arms.
I am thankful for...my health. There are so many that are really sick and I am healthy. Despite some boils I had last week I feel much better.
From the kitchen... We didn't have much for breakfast. :-/ I am cooking lunch soon though. Chicken sandwiches,baked fries,and macaroni & cheese!
I am wearing...some lounge pants and a t-shirt
I am creating... a list of candies I want to do for Christmas.
I am going... out for groceries tomorrow and to do some shopping with my Mama for my hubby.
I am reading...The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson still
I am hoping...the blah goes away soon from the 1st trimester; that today we can relax and play.
I am hearing...nothing,but the rain falling. :)
Around the house...I need to go through maternity clothes and figure out what I can wear and the floors need to be vacuumed.
One of my favorite things...food. ;-) We had peanut butter & jelly sandwiches this morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week: get groceries,shop,and hopefully get some family portraits doen.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
God's promises are true!!
Friday, November 12, 2010
- We got to spend some time with family Sunday and Monday. It was nice! The boys always enjoy going to either Grandparents house.
- I got to eat some Hungry Howie's pizza!!! I LOVE this stuff! I have been craving it and Wednesday my hubby picked us up some.
- I got some relief for my arm. It hurt to get the relief,but so thankful I can use it now.
- The beautiful weather! It's been insanely gorgeous and so nice outside!
- I get to go see my Nurse Midwife today! I am SO excited!! I was going Tuesday,but she said today may be better. She's in a hospital,but is a Certified Nurse Midwife and she is awesome!
Join us and Susanne@Living to tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five. Have a blessed day!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wow,what a week already! Yesterday I found out the knot under my arm was an abscess and was infected. So they slit the knot,then drained it of all the junk. OUCH! I almost passed out when he told me what they had to do right then and there. I have 2 more trying to come up. He said take the antibiotics he gave me and put very warm compresses on them. My arm was so sore because of the infection I could not lift it. I am thankful for Doctors who diagnose the problem right. I'm not really big on Doctor's now days,but this one told me the truth. They have no clue where infection comes from,or mine anyway. God gave me the strength to make it through the procedure. Oh my. He had to numb it first and that hurt the worst. It was in my arm pit. Thank God I found out what it was and got it taken care of. Prayers would be appreciated! I just want the others gone and to stay gone!!
I am also thankful for my husband. He has been helping out so much since we found out I was pregnant due to me being very tired. When I came home yesterday he helped out even more. My arm was still sore from the cutting. He's a wonderful man! He could have just let me do it all myself,but he didn't. I love him so much! I am blessed!
It is Veteran's Day and I am so thankful for those who have fought and are still fighting for our freedom!! Thank God men and women have a desire to do this. May we never forget their sacrifice or the Lamb of God's sacrifice on the cross!
Join us for Thankful Thursday. Laurie@Women Taking A Stand is our host for this month,so check out her post and link up!
Friday, November 5, 2010
- We found out we are expecting another baby next July! It was a surprise to us,but not a bad one.
- We found some Dunkin Donuts coffee on sale at Target this week. I hear it's the best!! Can't wait to try some of it with my man!
- Ahhh sleep. I have been sleeping so good this past week! I love when I am well rested to tackle the day!
- My big man,Daniel, is using the potty and doing really good at it! He has very few accidents and even tells us when he has to go.
- The cool weather!! Though it is a killer in the mornings when I go walk,I would rather be cold than hot!!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! Laurie@Women Taking A Stand will be our host for this month. She poses the question are we gratified or are we grateful? It's something to think about as we come up on Thanksgiving very soon.
Today I am thankful for life. God is the giver of life. He is the only one who can give life and He is the only one who can take life away. There is another little life growing inside my womb right now. We found out last Friday that I was pregnant,about 4 weeks. We are so excited!! I sure never thought I would be the mother of 3 kids and maybe more. I love being a Mother though. It is a hard job,but there sure isn't anything else more rewarding than to have those little ones say I love you or give you hugs and kisses. I feel overwhelmed at times with joy. This was unexpected to us,but it wasn't too God. We wanted more,but wanted a little more space between them,but God knows best! He is such an awesome God! Next July we will be bringing our little one home and starting as a family of 5. Wow! So keep us in your prayers. It will be hard at times during this pregnancy I assume,but God will give me the strength and grace to make it. He will provide for our needs and never let us down,we are sure of that! Thank you for all the sweet congrats from yesterday too!
Join us and share your thankful heart!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Join Amy Deanne@Internet Devotions for Word-Filled Wednesday.
This is Daniel's ultrasound picture that I added the verse too. Isn't it so true? God knows us before we were formed in our Mother's womb? He is such an awesome and mighty God!! I am proud to announce we are expecting out third child that God formed before it put the baby in my belly. I am about 5 weeks pregnant! We are very excited!!! God truly is so amazing and loving!!! We don't plan ours or try to have babies,but God sure does give them to us. Next July we will be welcoming the 5th member to our family. Wow! So keep us in your prayers as we journey through this pregnancy and then go into the labor and delivery stages. I sure don't feel equipped to raise 3 children under the age of 3,but God knows best. He will give me the strength and His grace is sufficient for me!