Fried Pork Chops and Home-Made Gravy
What you will need:
chicken flavored bullion cubes
olive oil (or vegetable)
2/3 cup of water (or less depends on how much gravy you want)
- Fill a medium mixing bowl half full of flour. I usually sprinkle salt and pepper in the flour three or four times and stir it.
- Run the pork chop under some water and give it a shake. It should be damp so the flour will stick to it.
- Next, put the chop in the flour and make sure both sides are coated with the flour.
- Do step 3 about 3 times and then lay them aside.
- Heat your frying pan up to about medium heat and get your olive oil out.
- Once the pan is heated,pour some olive oil in the pan,just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and let each side brown to your liking (Before you flip them over,put a little more olive oil in the pan or the chop will stick and you will not have a breaded pork chop on one side).
- Once all the chops are done,leave the heat at medium.
- Have 2/3 cup of water ready and put about 3 scoops of flour in the pan.
- Then pour the water in right after you put the flour in.
- Next, throw in about 2-3 chicken bullion cubes in the pan.
- Use your spatula to stir and make sure the flour doesn't clump.
- Keep the heat on high and the gravy should start to thicken (get is as thick as you would like).
Sorry the instructions are mine lol so they aren't so greatly worded. It took me forever to get this one down. I finally got it about a year ago. My Mother-in-law does it and hers is so good. It's my husband's favorite to eat! Hope you enjoy!!