Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays







I decided to do this today! Here is a recipe for a French Apple Pie. It's so good and so easy to make! Go check out Tasty Tuesdays and add your recipe. I linked up there and at Melissa @ Frugal Creativity and that is where I added my recipe.


Incredibly Easy French Apple Pie


Filling:
3 cups sliced peeled apples (3 large) -sidenote: I used 3 small ones and it was more than enough,hopefully not too much.
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
1 tablespoon butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs

Streusel:
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts -sidenote: I didn't use nuts
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Mixing and Baking Directions

1. Heat oven to 325 fairenheit(?). Grease 9 inch glass pie plate. In medium bowl, mix apples,cinnamon, and nutmeg; place in pie plate.
2. In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over apple mixture in pie plate. 
3. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and store in refrigerator.



Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds good! My DH likes apple pie, but making pie crust isn't my strong suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm all about incredibly easy. Right up my alley. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and linkin up to tasty tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Your pie recipe looks like it doesn't use a pie shell at all, just the Bisquick mixture. That's why it appealed to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally trying this. My husband loves apple pie but I've always found it intimidating. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a keeper! Thanks for sharing. Word Filled Wednesday is a great blessing! I get a lot of my photos from photobuket. Just type in Bible verses in the search box and it will pull up several. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering! Sounds so yummy!
    I'm becoming a Titus 2 woman too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.