I love food. I love to taste it. I love to cook it. I love to take pictures of it. It's just part of me. I have learned not to let it rule me though. I will be sharing a good bit of recipes on here for you all to try. I love when others share things they have cooked/baked so others know if it's good or not. I hope you enjoy these I am posting. I posted some snack recipes a couple of weeks ago. You can go see it here.
1 can whole kernel corn (not drained)
1 can cream style corn
1 box jiffy mix
1 stick butter
8 oz. sour cream
Soften the stick of butter,but do not melt it. Then mix the ingredients well in a bowl together. Bake in a 9x13 dish at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Make sure it is firm,but not burnt. It should not be runny.
Our Pastor's wife cooked this one Sunday for lunch when they had us over. Oh my it was so good. She is a great cook! I get a lot of my recipes from her.
Chicken Pot Pie
1 2/3 cup of veggies (most of the time I use corn,green beans,sweet peas,and carrots)
1 cup of chicken (4 regular chicken breasts)
1 can of cream chicken
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup of milk
1 scoop of sour cream (I used a scoop and a half)
1/4 cup of water (I did this because it was thick when mixing)
- Boil chicken thoroughly and then let cool off. Chop chicken into chunks (or smaller pieces it depends on how you like it).
- Combine veggies,cream of chicken,sour cream,water,and chicken together in bowl and mix well.
- Combine bisquick,egg,&milk in bowl and mix.
- Pour chicken mix into pan and then spread bisquick mix over the chicken mix.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
- Melt 2 tsp of butter and brush over top of chicken pot pie after it's done,then put back in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
|Chicken Pot Pie, no carrots this time.|
A good friend of ours made this once for supper and it was delish! I decided to try it and it is so good and easy to make.
rotisserie chicken (I used what I had,a pack of Southwestern Chicken already cooked)
- Pull chicken off the bone or cut it up,depends on the chicken you use.
- Put tin foil over the baking sheet (suggested by the reader)
- Layer chips,chicken,tomatoes,fiesta cheese, and beans on baking sheet (rinse and drain beans)
- Top with desired amount of fiesta shredded cheese
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes
|Add cheese,tomatoes,and jalapenos.|
Mini Tortilla Pizzas
soft flour tortilla shells
green peppers (whatever toppings you like)
- Use a can of food to cut out circles.
- Place the small tortilla shell in the muffin pan carefully
- Add pizza sauce and other toppings
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
|Mini Tortilla Pizzas|
I found these on Pinterest and they were yummy! I think I used 5 or 6 shells and came out with 12? I didn't write it down. You will know when you get started how much you can get out of one shell. I loved them for Friday nights.
What are some of your favorite recipes? The first two I use as main courses for lunch and the last two I use for supper. We usually always have a big lunch and light supper. Share some of your recipes with me won't you?