Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yummy Snacks



I have been trying some new foods lately. They have mostly been snacks for the boys and I. It is so easy to just grab something not healthy,but these snacks are good and easy to make. I wanted to share 4 of them with you all. 



Chocolate Pumpkin muffins.

I saw these on Facebook when a friend posted them. They looked and sounded good. They literally have 2 ingredients in them. They weren't sweet,but they did not taste horrible. They were pretty good. I wanted to add some sugar ha! I didn't though.

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:
Devil's Food cake mix
canned pumpkin

Combine the cake mix and the pumpkin and mix up really well. Do not add anything else. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.


Graham Cracker snack


 This is a snack my sister told me about. I thought I would give it a try to see how we liked it. It was really yummy! This is my boys favorite. They eat the crackers without the grapes mostly.

Graham cracker snack

Ingredients:
graham crackers (honey or cinnamon)
cream cheese (I used cinnamon)
grapes

Spread the cream cheese over the crackers and then put the split grapes on top. Enjoy!



Pudding Delight


We went to have supper with our missionary friends about a month ago. This was the dessert we had. It was so good and so simple! They didn't have a name for it,so I call it pudding delight. ;)

Pudding Delight

Ingredients:
1 tub of whip cream
1 box of vanilla pudding
13 snicker bars (snack size)
3 red apples

  • Mix the vanilla pudding in one bowl and let set for the amount box says. 
  • Once pudding is set,then combine the cool whip with it and mix well. 
  • Cut up the red apples into chunks and add them to the mix. 
  • Cut 12 of the 13 snickers into quarter pieces (cut each one into 4 pieces) and add to the mix. 
  • Stir the mixture really well and then take the last snicker bar and shave pieces off onto the top of the mixture (I used a potato peeler). 
  • Let chill for at least 30 minutes.



Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

My sister told me about this recipe too. She eats more healthy things than I do,sadly. I am not much on snacks,but my boys are snackers. I know they need good,healthy snacks. These are yummy! Not the boys favorite,but I love them.

Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:
Cream cheese
Greek yogurt
strawberries
graham crackers

I found a mixture of cream cheese and Greek yogurt at the store.
 Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut out the middle. Be careful not to cut the inside too thin. I also cut a little of the bottom off so they would stand up.


I used a small measuring spoon to put in the cream cheese.

Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the strawberries.



Crush the graham crackers up in a bowl,then sprinkle them onto the strawberries. You can even dip the bottom in the mix if you want.



Ice Box Pie

I have shared this one before on the blog. It's originally a Lemon Ice Box Pie,but this one is strawberry. Our Pastor's wife made the Lemon Ice Box Pie once and it was so good. So I got the easy recipe from her. This is my husband's favorite!

Lemon Ice Box Pie

Ingredients:
1 tub of whip cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pack of kool-aide (your choice)
1 graham cracker crust

  • Mix the cool whip,kool-aide, and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl really well
  • Spoon out mixture into graham cracker crust and let sit in freezer overnight.


I hope you enjoy some of these. We're simple people in our household. These are simple recipes to enjoy anytime of the year. 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!! I've been slack at blogging lately and do miss so many of my 'bloggy friends"!! Love these recipes, I'm going to give a few of these a try!! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog,Joy! :) I have just gotten back into blogging. My boys are getting out of the infant stage and I have more time. I am sure you will like one of the recipes. I really loved the strawberries stuffed with cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These snacks look delish! My girls always loved the Pudding Delight, only we always called it Snicker Salad.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, I always enjoy your visits. To answer your question about the links to facebook and twitter, I have to admit that my daughter fixed that for me. So I will have to ask her about that. I'm not technically savvy at all!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.