Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Put On Chart

I'm so excited to write this post! While I was at  the Mom's Night Out for the home school group, a sweet friend gave me a small workbook by Doorpost. She said she thought that I would love doing it with my boys. I just got around to looking it  through it Sunday evening. She was exactly right! This is just what our family needs right now. It is a study of Colossians 3:12-14. It goes over 8 traits/actions. I broke down each week into 5 sections for 5 days to do with my boys. I was so excited to start this on Monday.



I am going to break down which sections we will do each day. You may not understand what I am taking on,but if you have it, then you will. Each week is the same questions,just different trait. So it makes it easy to do this I think and break the week up.

  • Monday- Why is the boy wearing __? (It has the trait)
  • Tuesday- What is __? & What does the Bible say about __?
  • Wednesday- Who in the Bible showed __?
  • Thursday- Put yourself in someone else's place & Learn to be more __ .
  • Friday- Sing songs, pray, and give thanks.



These are the dolls to cut out with each piece of clothing they put on. I am going to print another boy out so both boys will have one they can put clothing on. It says you can let the kids color them and then attach each piece. I think that is what I am going to do.




Each week you put on a trait and it is an item of clothing. So I thought it would be neat to make the item of clothing one day of the week, probably the first day.  I love being creative with my kids.

Here are the traits and the item of clothing:
  • Compassion- trace hands and write acts of compassion on them
  • Kindness- trace feet or draw a shoe for them to decorate
  • Humility- draw a hat or buy a foam one to decorate
  • Meekness- make a pair of glasses with straws and pipe cleaners
  • Patience- make a watch out of poster board
  • Forbearance- buy back packs from Dollar Tree and let them decorate those
  • Forgiveness- make a belt out of poster board
  • Love- make a coat out of a big paper bag and let them decorate
 I think the boys will enjoy this. I know I will. It has a lot of scripture to go over and asks a lot of good questions that I know even my 4 and 5 year old can understand. I am definitely going to be checking out their site more often. I love anything that can impart the Word of God into my boys and even myself.

There will be a follow up post at the end of the study. Wednesday I will have a guest blogger,don't miss it!!



Linking up with Titus 2sdays! Join Darlene and the others.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so neat! I love Doorposts. Right now on their blog they have a thirty day study on 1 Corinthians 13 that you can do with your kids. They are on day two. It's been great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I do it anytime? That would be great to do with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so! They are just posting it this month, but you can probably go back and find it anytime.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.