Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Battling Insecurities


My guest blogger today is Kelly. I met Kelly at the small Bible college in Mississippi that we attended together along with her husband,Will. She is such a sweet,bubbly person. She has since moved away to Texas,but we stay connected via Facebook. I know you will be blessed by what she shares with us today.



    Insecurity.  It's something I've struggled with my entire life.  Even after I got saved at the age of 12, I battled insecurity.  I still do.  God has really been dealing with me this year on overcoming my insecurities.  I even spoke to a small group of ladies about it in a devotional.  Why?  Because as Christian women, we can be insecure too.  I messaged some friends to tell me their biggest insecurity. I appreciated so many being open and honest with me to share their hidden secret.  Some never responded, and I can understand how this can be a touchy subject.  As Christian women, we need to learn to lean on each other more and be vulnerable.  I believe God blesses when we let down our walls and let others in.  Sometimes I think we confuse humility with insecurity.  We feel like if we feel good about ourselves then we must not be humble.  That's such a twisted view of humility.  I want to share some different insecurities and some Biblical Truths that can help us.  God's Word has so many verses to help us see that we don't have to dwell in our insecurities, but with His help we can overcome!

Insecurity:  Finances.  Is there enough money to support our family?  This is one that I have battled as an adult for sure.  There have been many times that we barely were getting by, but we made it!  God has always been faithful, even when my faith was so small.  There was one time in particular that we desperately needed money for bills, and that same week someone sent us a check in the mail. I was in awe of what God had done.  Sadly, even though He always provides I still worry at times if we will make it.

Biblical Truth:  Matthew 6: 25 says, "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink, nor for your body, as to what you will put on.  Is not life more that food, and the body more that clothing?"


Insecurity: Appearances.  Overwhelmingly, this was the biggest struggle of my christian friends I polled and also for me.  I thought I was fat even when I was a bean pole.  There's something wrong with that!  Now I struggle with how much my body has changed after having 4 kids.  My husband is constantly telling me how beautiful I am, and I just don't believe him.  I'm trying my best to be happy with who I am, and what God wants me to be.  I do believe He wants me to be healthy, not perfect. 

Biblical Truth: Proverbs 31:30 says, "Charm is deceitful and beauty if vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."


Insecurity: Am I a good mom?  That's something that all mom's struggle with at some point.  Comparing ourselves to other mom's, and seeing if we measure up.  God just wants us to look to Him for guidance.  To me a good mom is a mom who loves her kids and wants to teach them about Christ.  A few years ago I homeschooled my oldest daughter, Katelyn.  After I had the boys, I really felt overwhelmed and put her in public school.  I struggled with this decision, but God gave me peace about it.  One thing that I make a priority is doing a short devotion and prayer time in the morning before I take her to school.  It really has helped both of us with starting our day off right.

Biblical Truth:
  Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."


Those are just a few of the insecurities we all face.  I have in no way "arrived" when it comes to this subject.  God is still working in my life, and I pray that we all can overcome our "secret" insecurity and be confident and secure in the Biblical Truth's. 


I want to thank Kelly for being my guest. I was definitely blessed and encouraged by her words. Remember to pray for her and her family. They are ministering to a vital group.the youth. They really are a God seeking family.






Kelly Hutchinson is a stay-at-home mom and wife.  Her husband is a youth minister at First Baptist Church (FBC) Jacksonville, TX. They have 3 children at home: Katelyn (8), Isaiah (2), and Zack (1).  They also have a baby girl in Heaven, Ava Synclaire.  Kelly loves to help minister to the Youth and help minister to their own children at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.