Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Am I On His Agenda?


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  
                                                                            Luke 4:18-19

This was in our passage yesterday for our Good Morning Girls Bible study. I just read the post that Whitney wrote and wow. It really convicted me, the Spirit of God convicted me. While I was in college I was so in tune with others and their hurts. I have the gift of encouragement and used it wisely. I have always been an organizer and type A personality, but before kids I did not have to exhibit it as much. I was more flexible and obviously had more time on my hands. I sent out cards to the girls in our dorm randomly. We were all so close, they were like more sisters to me.

Now, that I have kids lists,organization,and scheduling is a must. BUT sometimes I let it get in the way of the work He wants to do. Training little ones can be stressful and tedious and time consuming and joyous all at the same time. It's so easy to just stay in your bubble. I have been guilty of this in the past several years. We were out of church for almost 2 years due to several different issues and I really forgot that I am called to help others, not just my family. My husband and children are my first ministry (hate to use the word obligation), but that doesn't mean I minister only to them. I had begun to believe that. Though I don't think I should put them out for someone else. They come first, of course after my Savior, but that doesn't mean I never minister to others when an opportunity arises. 

I have also forgotten that the work of the Lord isn't always clean, it gets messy. Those who need Jesus are not always clean cut and look just like me. The ones who are in need of a Savior are messy, just like I am at times. We too often go on appearances and I do too. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit convicting me and showing me it is about His agenda, not mine. I have to keep my spiritual eyes and ears open to hear what God wants to do in the lives of others,not just mine. 



Join us on our study of the first 8 chapters of Luke. God is opening my eyes to things and I'm so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.