Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Join us as we share our thankfulness this week. Iris @ Grace Alone is our host for the month. She always blesses me with her blog and writing. Link up with her and join us!

I am so thankful for the blessings and provision of God. If I told you all the things God has done for my family, you would probably not believe me. We started out very meager. We didn't have any sort of wedding showers or a home warming party. In 6 years we have struggled at times, really bad. God has never ceased to provide for us. It blows me away sometimes. He did this just yesterday. My husband came in from work around 4. He usually works the evening/night shift,but he had to be in court yesterday. He comes in and says well, we are going on vacation. I say, oookay where and when and HOW? In our 6 years we have only been on vacation once, that was this past September to a friend's lake house in Texas. We just have not had the money to do so. He went on to tell me our landlord (a generous lady who God has used numerous times to bless us) offered us one. The apartment owner (Hubbard properties) lets her use his condo throughout the year and she offered it to us this coming April. We pay nothing,just go. The best thing about it, is the condo is just an hour from us. We live on the coast of Alabama. I was blown away and really didn't know what to think or say at first. I was in shock. I love going to the beach, not so much for laying out, but just the feel in the air. That laid back feel and oh pictures, gorgeous sunrise/sunset pictures! God is just so good to us. When you follow God and do things His way, He will reward you. He will take care of you. That is one thing we know for sure. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I LOVE the ocean, the beach, the smells, the sand between my toes.... Have a blast :)

    http://thejoyfulservant.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so wonderful! It made me smile to read your post. Praise God for this special surprise and blessing for your family. I'll look forward to future posts about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a blessing you can see Gods hand all over that one
    come over and visit us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.