Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Join Iris@ Grace Alone and the rest of us to share what we are thankful for this week. I'm thankful for our home. My husband moved in our apartment a couple months before we got married. It's a small apartment in the city and it's not our ideal home at all. We would love a bigger place in a more rural area. BUT God has blessed us so much here. We have a roof over our head, a warm place to sleep,and somewhere to raise our children. We were blessed to be able to stay free of rent since my husband is a Law Enforcement Officer and is the courtesy officer on site. It's a small 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment that can be tight at times. We stay in a good bit because of different reasons unless my husband is home. I used to loath it, but God has been showing me that I am very blessed to have it. A home is where the heart is, where love is. We lived in a mobile home growing up and it was tight too. We were not wealthy,but were not poor by any means. We were middle class. I am so thankful my parents taught me that it wasn't what was in the home, it was who was in it. That is a lesson we are passing on to our boys. What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. You're right, it is who is in it that makes it home. I found this to be true when we were going through our move in 2010.

    Have a happy day! :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. A house is just a house but a home has a heart :) Great sentiments! Have a wonderful weekend!

    http://thejoyfulservant.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.