Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A few goals for 2013.....

I love to write down the things I want to accomplish or improve on for the next year. So here are some of the things I want to work on in 2013.

  • I want to be more open to God's work in my life. He has purged me a lot since becoming a Mother, but I know there is much more that needs to be purged. I pray I will be moldable for Him to do whatever He wishes.
  • Like many other women, I want to be a better wife. I want to show my husband the love of Christ, submit to him like I do to God, and to serve him in the ways that shows my love. He doesn't deserve any of it, but neither do I. We're both sinners saved by grace.
  • I want to be a better example of Christ to my boys. They are young and they are watching. I want to not only preach the Gospel to them, but to live it out in front of them. Actions speak much louder than words do most of the time.
  • I really want to clamp down on exercising. I don't mind exercising, but with the feminine issues I have been going through, it's been hard to be consistent with it. I have a little bit more weight I want to shed within the year.
  • I also want to grow in my relationship with God. I want to hear more of what He is saying through His Word to me.
  • I want to read more books and write more. I have a dream of writing a book, but I have no clue where to start and if I even have potential for a book.
  • I want to relax more. I am very scheduled and type A personality. Lists make me happy. I want to keep things organized, but I want to have more fun too. My boys need a happy, playful Mama at times, but one who knows how to keep things in order also.
I try not to put goals on there that are unattainable, but I think we should strive for things that may not be easy. With God, all things are possible. That I do know. I would love to hear some of your goals for this year!

I love to take photos and edit them or play around with them. So I started a blog posting some of the ones I love to edit. Capturing Those Moments is the name and I posted my first entry yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Heather you are very wise for one so young. And yes, actions definitely speak louder than words. I also think saying you're sorry and I was wrong are good to do. It is a pleasure getting to know you. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals Heather! With God you can achieve them :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.