Monday, January 14, 2013

We Were Made For Relationships


How many of you know this? Like, deep down you thrive on friendships and relationships? I do. I have always loved to talk and especially to people I consider close friends. I was shy until college and then I loved making new friends. At my former college was small (115 was our biggest enrollment number and that was my freshman year) so that wasn't too hard. I loved having friendship at church while on the drama team and while in the women's Sunday School class. It's just a part of who I am. I need relationships.

I think we all do. I know we all do. God designed us to desire the company of others. I recently realized this again. When we moved to another state away from family and friends, I often got lonely. Now with 3 boys, I was lonely and disconnected from people. We had a church, but it was big and just we didn't fit in that well. After about 2  years of not going to church, we have found one that we fit at perfectly. It's small, very family oriented, and preaches sound doctrine. During those 2 years I grew cold to people. I thought all we need is each other to make it. Well, true enough, we could have kept making it, but good would have that been? We need a body of believers to mourn with, rejoice with, worship with, be comforted by, and so on.

After being in church for a month, I can already see a difference in myself and family. The church folks are ones we have known for sometime and it's not like strangers.So that is a bonus! We had finger foods after church last night and it was so nice to serve and to fellowship. I got to chat with other Moms about kids, school, and other things. I was asked to help plan a couple's banquet too they are doing. It feels so good to belong again. Funny, how God made us isn't it? We think we are strong and can do it on our own, but it's so not true. We need a body of Bible believing people to have support from.

I have some other posts brewing and written down thoughts that I hope to work on some this week. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.