Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cooling Off With Smoothies


I added a subscribe button to my blog if you would like to receive updates through email.

It's getting very hot here in south Alabama. I thought a good way to cool off would be with smoothies. I have a healthy smoothie recipe book on my Kindle so I went flipping through. I remembered I had made a couple last year and wrote them down the way I liked them. I made two smoothies yesterday afternoon. I made myself a strawberry banana smoothie and my second oldest a banana smoothie. Ahh they were so good! I used fresh fruit. Some use frozen fruit. I didn't have any frozen since I buy fresh and didn't think to freeze it the night before. It worked well for me. I'm a picture taker,I love taking pictures of everything. So of course I took one of the smoothies.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

It was very good! Daniel even liked it. Aaron requested a banana smoothie so I whipped him one up. I wasn't sure I would like it that much,but it was also good. We had these for a snack Tuesday afternoon. I found this great site for smoothies. Smoothie Recipes For Kids is the name of it. I found some delicious smoothies! 

Yesterday I made a Strawberry smoothie. I left out the bananas and it was delicious! I wanted a watermelon recipe so I searched for one and found it on Taste of Home's website and tried it out. Yuuuumy!! 

It's a very simple smoothie to make.

Daniel and Johnathan loved it! I made 2 glasses of this and we drank one glass. I have the other glass in the fridge and will drink it today. Oh so good!

Tada! Watermelon smoothie. 


Yesterday I tried a Pina Coloda smoothie. I have wanted one with pineapple in it since I love that fruit. I found 2 different recipes that used pineapple. I went with the pina coloda one. It was really good! My youngest really liked it. It was very simple too. 


Pina Coloda smoothie


I hope to try some that have greens in them. I love spinach so I thought of just throwing some in one of these. The boys would never know. ;-) I want to try a Pina Coloda,Orange,and Raspberry Almond smoothie. They sound so good! It's a good substitute for cakes,cookies,or candy. We have those things,but not everyday and it is tempting to have them every day. I will add the recipes for these and you can test them out yourself!

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
6 banana slices
6 strawberries (diced)
3 tbsp yogurt (I used strawberry Greek yogurt)
4 cubes of ice
1 tbsp sugar

Put ingredients in blender and mix to your desire. Strain if you wish.

Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
6 banana slices
4 cubes of ice
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp yogurt (Greek vanilla)
1 spoon sugar

Put ingredients in blender and mix.

Very Strawberry Smoothie
Ingredients:
13 strawberries (diced)
1/2 cup yogurt (Greek strawberry)
1/2 cup V8 fusion (strawberry banana)
4 cubs of ice
6 banana slices (optional)

Put ingredients in blender and mix. Strain if you desire.

Watermelon Smoothie
Ingredients:
6 cups coarsely chopped seedless watermelon
1 cup lemon sherbet
12 ice cubes

Put ingredients in blender and mix.

Note: I did only 4 cups of watermelon,1 cup of sherbet,and 3 pieces of ice. My blender is a small one and wouldn't hold the original recipe.

Pina Coloda Smoothie
Ingredients:
14 ounces of pineapple (in juice)
6 ice cream scoops of vanilla yogurt (I used French Vanilla)

Put pineapple in blender and mix. Add yogurt a little a time until consistency is what you desire.

Note: I tried to strain this,but it did not work.

Hope you are staying cool with some healthy drinks this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.