Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday


This may be my last Thankful Thursday post unless I can get my blog to do entries with my husband's computer. It's sad, I know. But it's for a better cause. If we can cut down on expenses and start saving,as opposed to have no savings, it would be much better and may be one day we can go back "home". To keep in touch with me you can email me the_stricklands@yahoo.com. You are all a blessing!

Lynn@Spiritually Unequal Marriage is our host this month. She always has encouraging and truthful words to say to us. I am thankful for seasons. Seasons in the weather and in our life. It has been beyond cold for us Southerners the past week or so. WOW! I don't see how you Northerners handle this much cold. I love Winter,but I have not wanted to go out in this cold weather this past week. But it is refreshing to have cold weather after a VERY hot summer. We had a nice Spring and Fall last year and I pray we get the same this year. I'm in the young child rearing days. I am thankful for these days even though they are so hard. Some days I just want to cry. I feel like I say no we can't or no let's not do that more than a zillion times a day! Then after reflecting on the day and our boys I know it's nothing in comparison to how they behave and love us. Child rearing is hard and draining,but the fruits it bears later on. I used to say once before I was married with kids that my child would never do this or that. I ate my words. Now, I say he may do something,but it will not become a habit. God looks at us the same way. He knows what is best for us and He knows how we think He is not caring at times. I know I have thought that,even this past year. On the contrary, God is caring and sometimes caring may not look like caring at the time. I know my boys may think the same of me. I try to remind myself God is the same way with me. I am still learning and so are my boys. Soon this season will be gone and it'll just be me and my husband again. It'll be a new season with new challenges. I know I could not do this life without God or my Savior. Though I fail him SO many times a day,He extends His grace to me over and over to help me and strengthen me. Oh how I love thee!

What are you thankful for? Share with us!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this mama thing is hard and draining, but so rewarding, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said my friend! It does get better. They need you less and less. Well maybe not less, but just in different ways. It's hard. But so worth it.

    I understand about having to let go of things. But know you will be missed if you can't blog. Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Seasons too - the fact that they always come in the same order, to give us comfort. Yet, each one is so different, to delight and surprise us.

    Happy TT!

    My post is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for seasons too - think how boring it would be without them?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.