Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Love Dare: Do You Dare? Week 4

My husband and I started the Love Dare: Day by Day just 4 weeks ago. It occurred to me I should do a meme each week,so this is the first one. I'll give you the dare and questions that go with it. I won't have time to write out the actual devotion. That's what mine is instead of just the dare each week. I hope you are blessed by it,so far I have been!

This Week's Dare: Choose to demonstrate patience by saying nothing negative to your spouse. It is better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

Go Deeper: So many problems in marriage would be avoided or quickly resolved if husbands and wives followed the counsel in James 1:19. Study this verse and consider how you might apply it in your marriage.

Prayer: Father, help us to become very patient with one another. Give us the wisdom to be quick to listen,slow to speak, and slow to anger. In Jesus' name, amen.


Go Deeper: Read II Peter 3:9 and study how the patience of God is being demonstrated today in our generation. Why is God demonstrating patience rather than wrath? What does this say about His heart for us?

 He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. 
   Proverbs 14:29

You can do it all in one day or spread it out. Pass the word around! I am going to try my hand at the MckLinky,we'll see how that goes! If nothing else you can just post what you want at your blog and leave me a message. I'd love to read your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.