Monday, October 4, 2010

At the Well-A Makeover of the Heart


It's week 4 of our study Makeover of the Heart here At the Well. Join us at Tracy leads us on a journey to have a transformed heart. You can be born again in Christ and still have things hidden deep in your heart and you can always have room for improvement on your heart. I know I do!


Read 2 Timothy 2:22-24, Colossians 3:1-17 and Ephesians 4:17-5:21.
How should you live? Take a few moments to reflect on these.
What is the Holy Spirit showing you? Are there areas you need to surrender to God?
1 Peter 2:11 says we are “strangers and aliens” in THIS world and to stay clear of sinful desires, which war against our soul.  The message says, “This world is NOT our home, so don’t make ourselves too cozy in it. Are there areas in your life where you have become “cozy in the world?” Have you developed habits that don’t glorify God? 



These are some tough,personal questions. But I think they are important for us to asks ourselves often,very often. I love the passage from Colossians 3. When I was on the drama team we all tried to learn this passage and it really wasn't that hard. It kept us reminded of what God desires for us.  

From these verses I think we should live a life that pleases the Father. Like Tracy said that does not mean a perfect life,but one that has a repentant and humble heart. I used to think the opposite. I used to think to please God I had to be perfect. I believe He desires for us to strive to be perfect and when we fail yes He may be disappointed,but He is there waiting for us to repent and ask for His help.  

As I was driving to town one day last week, I was thinking about my daily life. I strive to glorify God in what I do. Whether it is music,t.v.,movies,dress,and so on. Is it hard? Yes,but I do try to glorify Him and do what I believe glorifies Him. I struggle in the area of patience and being stubborn. I think everyone can be short of patience when dealing with other humans. I deal daily with my 2 boys and patience is something I am having to surrender to God. My boys will not learn most things in an instant,just like I do not. I also struggle with the Martha syndrome. I can't stand for the dishes to be piling up or unnecessary things just laying around. I want to take care of our home and I believe that is what God wants. But I also have 2 little ones at home all day that I need to care for and play with. I struggle with how to balance this. I don't want my husband to come home to a dirty house each night,but I don't want to just clean all day and not play with my boys. I have been asking the Lord to make me more like Mary in all areas. 

I have to cut it short. The little ones are looking for me. I can't wait to read more entries and start the study guide today.  Hope everyone has a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.