Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Setting My Gaze on Him




Joy is starting a series called Setting My Gaze on Him. It goes right along with my word for the year which is intentional. I thought I would try to link up with her posts this week.



Printable verse cards from The Better Mom.

I printed these verse cards out from The Better Mom's blog to help keep my mind focused during the day. This is the link you can find the From Grouchy to Great Verse Cards. I used postal tape to laminate them that way they would last longer. I wasn't sure what to do with them at first. I knew if I put them on the kitchen bar they would just get lost in all the other things laying on it. So I thought I would tape them in the places I am the most during the day. I put some in the kitchen,bathroom,and vanity area. This way I am sure to look at them,stop,and just breath in His Word.



Focusing while I clean up after meals.
I put one on the back splash at the kitchen sink since I spend a lot of time there washing dishes. Cleaning is therapy for me,yes even washing dishes. I pray there a lot too. ha!


Meditating on His Word while cooking.
I put this one right above the stove. I spend a lot of time here too,cooking. It's right in front of my face so I cannot miss it.


Setting my gaze while I prepare meals.
I placed this verse card on my medicine/spice cabinet in the kitchen. I stand here a lot to prepare meals,so I thought it would be a good place to put it. I can glance up at while serving our family.


Focusing on His Word.
This card is right at the kitchen pantry door and refrigerator. I stand here a lot to get things out of the pantry,to think about meals, and to get things out of the fridge. This is one of my favorite verses from the book of Psalm.


Setting my gaze while I plan.
Another favorite verse I placed on the cabinet that holds our glasses. I also have our food menu,church calender,and some prayers placed there. I'm so thankful for His Word I need it everyday.


Staying focused in the mundane.
Another place I am a lot is the bathroom. Bathing kids, wiping bottoms, and cleaning keeps me in and out of there. So why not stay focused as I do it? Or try too.


He is the light of the world.
I also spend a lot of time in the vanity area that is in our bedroom. Each time I turn the light off or on, I can focus on the words of Jesus.


Decreasing so He can increase.

This is on the other side of the vanity area. Another good spot where I have some other prayers too.


Won't you set your gaze upon Him?

This is the last verse card and I placed it by the hanging mirror in the vanity area. I use this mirror to put my make up on and fix my hair. Perfect place to remind myself to set my gaze on Him.



I am nothing without God and I can do nothing without His Word. My word for this year is intentional and this is definitely going to help me. I want to be intentional with my walk with the Lord. I want to grow and learn more than the year before. I'm so thankful for Ruth at The Better Mom for creating these and for Joy at Joy Forney for challenging us to set our gaze on Him.

What do you do to try and keep your mind focused on the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.