Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Daniel!


My oldest at Bass Pro. I caught this moment and it's priceless.

Today my oldest son turns 6. Wow. That's hard to believe for me. It was bitter cold and rainy the day I went to have him at the hospital. I was in labor for 2 days almost before he decided to make his appearance. He was a whopping 9lbs 30z and about 21 inches long. He had a head full of black,thick hair. He had a good pair of lungs too. I thought parenting was going to be very easy,but I quickly found out otherwise. Sleepless nights,exhaustion,not having my routine,and many other things showed me that this was an adventure to say the least.

We've been through some rough patches,but we have also been through some awesome times. Daniel Paul is spirited,energetic,strong willed,determined,competitive,and very talkative. He loves sports,army men,police,and hunting. He keeps me on my toes and finally,yes I said finally, sleeps through the night. He is in Kindergarten (we home school remember?) and is learning to read. He's smart as a whip,but likes to be hands on instead of in the books. I love him more than he knows. He brings me a lot of joy. He loves his Daddy and that is is hero. He has a lot of leadership qualities and I know God has great things in store for him. We cannot wait to see where God leads him in life.


Daniel Paul only a day old here.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your boy! Hope he had a good day.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.