Sunday, December 23, 2012

What Child Is This?


And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
  Luke 2:6-7

I'm a Mother to 3, so I know how the anticipation builds as you await for your little one to arrive, but I wonder what Mary felt. She had the Messiah in her womb and she would soon raise the Savior of the world. She literally had the Savior living inside her. Wow. That just blows my mind when I sit and think about it. I imagine she was nervous, scared, excited, and a little worried. More than anything, I know she was humbled and willing. May I be that way when He calls me to do His will, whatever it may be. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Here are some pictures from the boys Children's Church class.

Aaron's footprint as the manger for baby Jesus.
 

My sweet Aaron. He is the middle child, 3 years old.
 
 

Daniel's footprint as the manger for baby Jesus.
 

My handsome Daniel. He is the oldest, 4 1/2 years old.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. What a cute idea with the manger being a footprint. Love that! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We can't even begin to imagine what this meant for Mary. I, too, want to be as willing to do whatever He asks of me.

    Merry Christmas, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the footprint in the manger pictures! What a cute idea!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.