Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How well do you know God?

I started the study by Beth Moore called- Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life 2 weeks ago. I did this one about 4 or 5 years ago,but wanted to do it again. I love any of her stuff! I just did my lesson for the day and had so many thoughts running through my head,so here it goes!

This week we are talking about knowing God,not just with our head,but with our hearts. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 In this verse the Hebrew word for know meansyadha, which was often used to illustrate the relationship between a husband and wife. How well do you know God? Not the know that you were taught in Sunday School through stories,not the know from testimonies you heard from others about them knowing God,but from your own walk with Him. How well do you know Him? It's a tough question and one that can always bring about improvement in our relationship with Him. I can tell you I know God pretty good,but I desire to know Him even more. I knew God when I was spared from 2 horrible wrecks. I knew God when I was joyous to marry my husband. I knew God when I endured long hours of labor to bring His angels into this world. I knew God when we got offered free rent right when we needed it. I knew God when my Daddy's back was healed supernaturally. I knew God when I was rejoicing over things only God could have done for our little family. I also am knowing God as I learn to be a Godly wife and Mother. I have come a long ways in my relationship with God,but not without some trials. There are plenty of other areas I want to know God in that I do not yet. Our relationship should always be flowing with the Lord. I want to know Him more and more as I grow older and see His glory in my life. 

Speaking of glory, you know we were created for His glory. Glory,such a majestic word for a small mind to comprehend. Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. Isaiah 43:7 What do you think created for His glory looks like? I used to think it was big,miraculous things,but as I have grew older my idea and perception of that is changing. Being kind to a neighbor who may be aggravating at times is displaying His glory. Seeing a child born is His glory displayed. Looking out your window after a rainstorm and seeing a rainbow is His glory. Letting God live through you in all you do is His glory. Who says you have to go across the world to be His glory? You can be His glory in your own home with an unsaved spouse or a bitter parent. You can be His glory at your work to your co-workers by not laughing at their off color jokes or even thanking God for the food you will eat. God wants to make Himself recognizable to you and the whole world. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Colossians 1:24-27 I used to think I had to do huge things for God,like go overseas or write a book(which I do want to do),but I don't have to do those things to live for Him or display His glory. Simply, being the Mother and wife God wants me to be is displaying His glory! Why do we make it so hard? 

The Hebrew word for glory is kavodh means to "be renowned.. to show oneself great or mighty." How has God shown Himself great or mighty to you lately? He does it everyday and I am learning to look for it and not wait for it. 

Here are some quotes from the past 2 days in the study:

*The ability to believe God develops most often through pure experience.
*We were created for the purpose of giving His invisible character a glimpse of visibility.
*Remember, He never sheds His light on our weaknesses or shortcomings for the sake of condemnation. He makes us aware of hindrances so He can set us free!
*A life that glorifies God or makes Him recognizable is a process that ideally progresses with time and maturity.
*God protects is from pride by keeping us somewhat unaware of the degree to which we are effectively glorifying Him at times.


I know there are areas where I am being held captive by the enemy and myself. I want those areas to be unleashed and I want to be completely free! I lost my desire to encourage and pray for others there for awhile. It just seemed every way we turned we were hit with something that was discouraging. I lost my faith and my sight. But glory to God He has been drawing me back to a place of deepening my faith and a desire to be that light He made me to be! What the devil means for bad,God always intends for good and will make it that way if we let Him. I can't do everything that I want too,but I can do what God calls me to do. I can be in an intimate relationship with Him,be a wonderful wife to my husband,be a loving Mother to my boys,and be salt in this world. Sometimes it is not easy not conforming to the world. My flesh cries I WANT TO BE NORMAL. But I am not called to be normal,nor are any of you. We are to be able to relate with others,but still live distinctly different. God is doing some amazing things in my life and family! I have the best husband one could ask for that adores me more than the days of dating! I have 2 boys that are so healthy and full of life who adore me also. I have a wonderful family(extended and in laws) that God is working in and I have great friends (not many,but that doesn't matter) I want to be closer too. I am blessed beyond belief. I just take it fore-granted too often. I want to see others as Jesus sees them- broken,bruised,and torn- then be the light to them that only I can be with him working in me, molding me and breaking me. The process of making poetry is slow,long,and hard,but the outcome is beautiful,breathtaking,and magnificent! So I want to be that clay again and I want my unbelief helped! 

Don't think you are too far gone or beyond help,God reaches in ugly pits and we all are in them from time to time. No one is better than the other and God is not a respecter of persons. Don't wait on Him to pursue you, pursue Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.