Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday- God's Word


It's been quite awhile since I have posted for TT. I have a chance this morning so here it goes!

I am thankful for the Word of God. I am thankful that it does endure forever. It will never be outdated! It is full of wisdom and guidelines for us to take in and live by. I don't think you can read it too many times or any book in it too many times. It's like water to a thirsty soul. At one time I had a lot of time on my hands and I read and read it. I would spend hours reading it,highlighting verses or passages,writing down verses to remember. It was a time I grew in His Word. Now, I don't have that much time,but I am getting back to reading it more. I always read something a day,whether it's a verse or not. It can get a little hectic with youngsters around the house. I pray for God to bring back to my remembrance the verses I have learned and hid in my heart during the day when situations arise or just simply to remember His Word. Don't take it fore granted. So many do not have the privilege we have of having 3 Bibles,much less 1 Bible. It's a treasure to be hid in your heart.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.  
   I Peter 1:25 


Link up with Laurie@Women Taking A Stand for Thankful Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.