Wednesday, June 23, 2010

At the Well- If We Are the Body?

Join us At the Well for our new study! It has already been encouraging! This week we are thinking about what we want our friends and family to remember about us when we are gone. What will your legacy be?

I wrote down a few things I want to be remembered for last night. So here are my thoughts.
 
I want my family and friends to remember me by my love I had for God; for my passion to live a life pleasing to Christ. I want them to remember me by my love and concern for my family; that I submitted to my husband and I showered him with love; that I loved my sons more than life and trained them up in the ways of the Lord. I want them to remember me by my helpfulness to others and by the the encouragement I handed out freely. I want them to remember me by the joy and laughter of each day; the joy from knowing I am loved by my Creator and family. 


I have been trying to let go of unrealistic expectations lately. I've asked God to help me do this and it's not been easy,but I have been doing it. I have 2 small kids and my husband works crazy shifts,so I want to take the time to be with my family instead of worrying about the dishes in the sink after every meal. I don't want to worry if my bed is made by noon or not everyday.  I want to cherish the moments I have with my husband and small kids. I usually have to wash dishes right after we eat each time,wherein I should probably sit and just enjoy a wonderful meal! We aren't your average family and I can't live like we are. If my kids don't get in bed every night at 9,it's okay really. If we don't eat every meal at the kitchen table it is okay too. I have to embrace the life God gave me and not try to live out a life that simply isn't mine. Not to say I will let the house go to the point of disaster,NO,but I will try to enjoy life more with my family.

Hope ya have a wonderful week! Don't forget to join us At the Well!

1 comment:

  1. I struggle so much with being in the moment. God has really been teaching me that I only get one life and it is short! I need to start truly living!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love hearing from those who read my blog,so share your thoughts with me.